STATUS, CHALLENGES AND ORIENTATIONS
FOR RISK MANAGEMENT IN DISASTER PREVENTION
AND CONTROL IN VIETNAM
TRẦN QUANG HOÀI
DIRECTORATE FOR DISASTER PREVENTION AND CONTROL
• Vietnam is one of the countries suffering most from many types of natural disasters with severe consequences;
• Type of disaster: 21+, typical: storms, floods, thunderbolts, landslides, droughts.
• In the past 30 years, on average, natural disasters have caused enormous damages and detrimental impacts to the environment and socio-economic development:
- Human losses: 300 deaths,
- Economic losses: 450 million USD
+ 2016: 40,000 billion VND
+ 2017: (as of 15 Nov 2017) 375 people killed or missing, 636 people injured. Total damage is estimated at 51,590 billion VND (2.27 billion USD).
Please find the full article enclosed!