LIVING WITH FLOOD
IN THE MEKONG DELTA, VIETNAM
Tran Thi Trieu,
Nguyen Hieu Trung,
Le Anh Tuan
– The rich, the fairly rich and the average farmers are better prepared to deal with flood than the poor farmers. Rich farmer more aware offood, the average and poor farmers prepare more on fishing tools and boats.
– Farmers can take the advantages of flood: fishing, refresh the land, raising suitable crops and aquaculture.
– Most of farmer agree on the government strategy on flood management
• Aware of environmental problemsat their land and downstream areas
• Reduce inorganic fertilizer use in the full-dike protection area
• Take care of the children or send them to the kindergarten
• Strengthening houses (pile or basement) and boats
• Using clean water (rain water or treated flood water)
Please find the full article enclosed!
Veuillez trouver ci-joint ce plein article!